For COVID-19 updates and more information on our modified College Horizons summer programs, please visit our News page.
To be eligible for our program, each student must:
- Be American Indian, Alaska Native, or Native Hawaiian (You will need to provide a copy of relevant state/federal tribal enrollment documentation or from the Ho’oulu Hawaiian Data Center or Office of Hawaiian Affairs)
- Be a current sophomore or junior in high school
- Have a minimum 3.00 cumulative grade-point average (in core academic courses, not electives)
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Submit a completed application packet by the deadline
The application is accessible on a computer or mobile device. Once you start an application, you may save your progress and return to the same site (link above) to continue at any time.
Applicants should download and read our Application Instructions and Waivers document thoroughly and complete all required forms and waivers. Please submit the application and required materials to College Horizons by the February 5, 2020 deadline to be considered for our program.
Online Application Components:
In addition, the following items must be mailed to College Horizons:
- Complete Cover Page with up-to-date contact information
- Copy of Parent(s) 2018 or 2019 Tax Returns
- A photocopy of your official tribal or Hawaiian documentation as issued from a state, federal or tribal enrollment office for Alaska Native or American Indian students or from the Ho'oulu Data Center or the Office of Hawaiian Affairs (OHA) for Native Hawaiian students. We DO NOT accept birth certificates of a student or other family member as proof of enrollment.
- Signed Waivers (Consent to Participate, Privacy Statement, Consent to Photography/Audio/Video Recording)
- $70.00 check made out to College Horizons which covers both the $20 Application Processing Fee (non-refundable) and the $50 deposit towards our $450 program fee. The deposit is refunded if the applicant is not admitted to our program.
You can mail materials in one envelope to:
Amelia Caté, Program Associate
PO Box 1262
Pena Blanca, NM 87041
Application Quick Links:
2020 Application Instructions, Cover Sheet, and Waivers: Download PDF