Welcome and thank you for your interest in the 2021 College Horizons (Remote) summer workshop for Native American, Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian high school students!
Our organization is deeply committed to helping students like you become experts on the college application and admissions process. College Horizons is a “crash course” in preparing for the college application process. Students learn about a variety of colleges and universities by connecting with our 50+ partner institutions and will establish personal relationships with college admission representatives as well as college counselors along the way. We look forward to reading your applications this year! Please email email@example.com with any questions regarding the CH student application process.
– CH 2021 WILL BE FREE AND REMOTE
– (TENTATIVE) DATES: JULY 9-16th, 2021
APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR NEW APPLICANTS:
April 9th, 2021 at 11:59pm MDT
– Be American Indian, Alaska Native, or Native Hawaiian (You will need to provide a copy of relevant state/federal tribal enrollment documentation or from the Ho’oulu Hawaiian Data Center or Office of Hawaiian Affairs – we do not accept birth certificates of a student, parent, or grandparent as proof of enrollment).
– Be a current sophomore or junior in high school.
– Have a minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA (in core academic courses, not electives).
– Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
– Submit a completed application packet by the deadline.
Note: If you are a RETURNING applicant, please refer to the email sent with instructions to apply. You can contact apply @collegehorizons.org with questions.
- Student Application: https://www.tfaforms.com/4890811 – includes Short Answer Questions, Personal Reflection Essay, ACT/SAT Results (if any), Unofficial Transcript Upload
- Tribal Enrollment & Hawaiian Documentation Upload: https://www.tfaforms.com/4891936
- Counselor Form: https://www.tfaforms.com/4889099 – students are responsible for giving their Counselors this link
- Parent/Guardian Form: https://www.tfaforms.com/4889100 – to be completed by parent/guardian
- (Optional ) Teacher Recommendation: https://www.tfaforms.com/4889102 – students are responsible for giving their Teachers this link
Additional Components to be Completed Upon Admission to Program:
- Family Financial Summary & Tax Form– to be completed by parent/guardian
- Participation Waivers– to be completed by parent/guardian