Welcome and thank you for your interest in the 2022 College Horizons summer workshop for Native American, Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian high school students!
Our organization is deeply committed to helping students like you become experts on the college application and admissions process. College Horizons is a “crash course” in preparing for the college application process. Students learn about a variety of colleges and universities by connecting with our 50+ partner institutions and will establish personal relationships with college admission representatives as well as college counselors along the way. We look forward to reading your applications this year!
CHECK BACK FOR UPDATES…
The College Horizons Student Application will be released on February 1st, 2022.
– Be American Indian, Alaska Native, or Native Hawaiian (You will need to provide a copy of relevant state/federal tribal enrollment documentation or from the Ho’oulu Hawaiian Data Center or Office of Hawaiian Affairs – we do not accept birth certificates of a student, parent, or grandparent as proof of enrollment).
– Be a current sophomore or junior in high school.
– Have a minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA (in core academic courses, not electives).
– Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
– Submit a completed application packet by the deadline.
– NEW: Students must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
– NEW: Students must have access to a device for the duration of the program (i.e. computer, laptop, tablet).
– Student Application (includes Short Answer Questions & Personal Essay)
– Teacher Recommendation
– Counselor Recommendation & Transcript
– Grades (Fall Semester and Current Q3)
– Parent/Guardian Form & Financial Summary & (possibly) 2020 Taxes/W-2
– Official Tribal Enrollment or Hawaiian Enrollment Documentation (You will need to provide a copy of relevant state/federal tribal enrollment documentation or from the Ho’oulu Hawaiian Data Center or Office of Hawaiian Affairs – we do not accept birth certificates of a student, parent, or grandparent as proof of enrollment).
– COVID-19 Vaccination Card (showing proof of double vaccination & booster)
– Signed Waivers (for Parent/Guardian and Student)